What to do in 9th grade to begin to prepare for your future:
- Set up a 'professional' email address to use for turning in assignments and applying for colleges and scholarships.
- Take challenging classes that will enhance your future plans.
- Get to know your school counselor and other resources available in your school.
- Talk to adults in a variety of professions to determine what they like and dislike about their jobs and what kind of training is needed for each job.
- Continue to save for post-secondary training.
- Look for summer programs in your field of interest.
- Visit the school career center and use GACollege411.org to gain further information about yourself, careers, and post-secondary training.
- Take the PSAT in October for test taking practice.
- Continue developing strong reading, writing, listening, and team-building skills.
- Continue to explore post-secondary options including college, technical college, special purpose schools, apprenticeships, and the military.