Prom Eligibility & Requirements
It is the desire of CCHS administration, faculty, and staff to have the Junior / Senior prom be an activity dedicated to those who have earned enough credit to be a Junior or Senior.
Formal attire such as a tuxedo or evening gown is required for the prom. No caps, sunglasses, flip flops, etc., are allowed.
Juniors and Seniors must meet the following academic requirements for Prom eligibility.
1. To be considered a senior for the Prom, you must begin the 2017-2018 school year with 17 units of credit.
2. To be considered a junior for the Prom, you must begin the 2017-2018 school year with 11 units of credit.
3 .5th year students are not eligible.
4. Any student who is assigned to the Achievement Center for spring semester by the hearing officer or disciplinary waiver is not eligible.
5. If a student is suspended from school the day prior to the prom, they lose prom eligibility with no reimbursement for any pre-paid activities.
6. All elements of the Student Handbook apply for the prom.
7. To purchase tickets for the prom and to enter the prom each student must have a valid picture ID.
8. The prom committee will handle ticket sales and dance venue decorations.
9 .To participate in the Prom a student must be in at least the 9th grade.
10. No individual over the age of 20 will be allowed to the Prom.
11. CCHS students who choose to bring a non-student as their date must register their date with the Principal and approval must be given prior to the purchase of Prom tickets.
12. The Administration has the right to deny access to any Prom activities for any non-students.
13. All credit recovery (required for graduation) for seniors must be completed prior to purchasing prom tickets.
14. Former students assigned to the Achievement Center will not be allowed to return as prom guests.